• Membership is open to professional chamber choirs of between 12 and 40 singers.
• The conductor and the majority of the singers should have completed a formal (conservatory) musical education.
• The choirs should be backed up by a professional organization which demonstrates the following:
- a clearly defined division of tasks between performers and organization.
- year-round activity (thus excluding ad hoc / project-oriented organizations)
- sustainability – choirs should have existed for more than three seasons and plan to exist for three seasons ahead.
- a significant number of a cappella / small accompaniment programmes
- their “own” concert series.
• Repertoire should have significant focus on contemporary music.
• Choirs should regularly present premieres, commission works and present programmes featuring contemporary music (1950-present).
Annual contribution (rates 2012)
• Full members and candidate members :
€ 500 for organizations with an annual budget lower than € 500 000
€ 750 for organizations with an annual budget between € 500 000 and € 1 000 000
€ 1000 for organizations with an annual budget higher than € 1 000 000
• Associate members : € 150
• Individual members : € 25
Applications for membership can be sent to the Board, that will evaluate the application and - in case of a positive advise - forward the application to the plenary members meeting for approval.
Contact Babette Greiner, info @ tenso-vocal.eu [remove spaces ]
download the application form for membership
download the criteria for membership